Sunday 18 September 2011

July and August 2011

Well, I've been abroad for a lot of the time these two months. The fishing has predictably been poor when the rivers were low and much improved when the rivers were beginning to drop after rain in mid August. As I write this in mid September we have just had heavy rain and the rivers are high and dirty. This should give good conditions in a few days time if the rain holds off so get here if you can.

Once again, my travels take me away when the conditions are likely to become favourable. I am off to Canada for a week's Atlantic salmon fishing on the Miramichi, one of the most prolific Atlantic salmon rivers in North America. Look out for reports of this year's visit, and consider coming with our group in 2012. Let me know if you would like more information.

South West Lakes Trust waters, Wistlandpound and Wimbleball remain open for fishing until the end of November and we have several trout fisheries open all year so for guided fishing with casting tuition call me to arrange a session.

Bryan Martin

http://www.devonflyfishing.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment